RECOGNITIONS AND EDUCATION
- Texas State Bar, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Bexar County Woman’s Bar Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- State Bar College
- Rotary Club of San Antonio
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation LEAD Academy, inaugural class member
- Baylor University, 2007 – Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
- Texas Tech University School of Law, 2010 – Juris Doctorate of Law
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
- San Antonio Scene, San Antonio Outstanding Women in Law 2021, 2022 – Business & Corporate Law, Labor & Employment
Mary Lisa began her years of higher education studying philosophy at Baylor. She credits this foundation for her interest and tactical views at problem-solving. Following undergrad, Mary Lisa attended law school at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas on a full Regent’s Scholarship. During law school, she was an Articles Editor on the Administrative Law Journal and president of the Student Public Interest Initiative, an organization which helped raise money for law students to work in public interest and legal aid. Mary Lisa worked as a student attorney in the Family Law Clinic representing clients in family and social security matters. Also, she interned with Disability Rights Texas and several private firms.
Mary Lisa works on the transactional side of employment matters–making sure her clients are hiring, firing, and maintaining employees to protect their assets and minimize litigation. Her expertise is in drafting individual contracts tailored to her client’s needs.
Outside of work, Mary Lisa continues her passion for community involvement by volunteering with the Rotary Club of San Antonio and Snack Pak 4 Kids, a program dedicated to ending weekend hunger for kids in need, at a local elementary school. She also enjoys spending time with her sons and husband.